Education and professional experience
Doctor of economics, a graduate of SGH Warsaw School of Economics, TEP member, Chief Economist of FOR and Vice President of its Management Board. In his works, he focuses primarily on issues related to long-term economic growth and structural changes. Joined FOR five years ago. Author of numerous analyzes and educational projects of FOR, such as the Bill from the State or Estimates of Hidden Debt (state pension liabilities). Author and co-author of texts and analyzes for the Ministry of Regional Development, the Lisbon Council, the Institute for Research in Economics and Fiscal Issues (IREF), the World Bank and others.
- economic growth,
- financial crises,
- public finances,
- public debt,
- social security systems,
- local government.
Selected FOR publications by Aleksander Łaszek:
- Analysis 15/2017: Morawiecki’s exposé: declarations and reality, 2017-12-29.
- FOR Report: Perspectives for Poland. The Polish Economy from 2015–2017 Against the Background of the Previous Years and Future Forecasts, 2017-11-22.
- Analysis 12/2017: Without independent courts, the economy is developing slower and civil liberties are at risk, 2017-09-04.
- FOR Report: Payment backlogs: A big problem for small businesses, 2017-03-17.
- FOR Report: The next 25 years, 2015-09-10.